Today I am 12,000 days old. The 90 days of this year so far have been ok.
I ran 140 miles.
My pace isn’t great; my best run was probably a 7 miler where I averaged 8:30 miles. On the Bath half I crumbled over the last few miles and ended up average 9:45 miles. I’ve got the Warwick half on Sunday, it’ll be the first half that I’ve run by myself so I’ll see how it goes.
Oddly, I feel like I’ve been exercising less. I think I’ve been running for longer distances less frequently.
Warwick Castle. Charlecote. Oxford. I met a very little lamb, some giant rabbits and a turkey near York. Haven’t had many new experiences, though I’ve been generally keeping myself busy. Could do with some new adventures; I’m thinking it might be fun to round up all my little people and take them to the zoo for my birthday.
Something made Milly very anxious a couple of months ago and she licked her legs bare but the fur seems to be growing back now.
The garden is looking pretty decent, certainly ready for some planting.
I’ve neglected the stack of boxes Mum and Dad dropped off containing the contents of my bedroom at home (I’m almost certain it’s mostly stationary).
I’ve been pretty good at only watching things I want to watch (I can’t remember the last time I just put the TV on and flicked channels). I hit a bit of a wall on the reading front, Station Eleven was very clever but I found it tough to get through.
I currently have a surfeit of comics, games and films. I need to reduce spending and increase consumption.
- Board with Life. The show, the podcast, the bits, the news, all of it. So funny, and charming. I’ve been spoiled in that I got to marathon through several years worth of content and now I’m waiting week on week but it’s worth it.
- Films – Deadpool, Song of the Sea. The Hateful Eight was very good but Deadpool and Song of the Sea are some way ahead of the field for me.
- Computer game – Tharsis – admittedly it’s the only game I’ve played, but it’s such a compelling puzzle; well worth £11.
- Book – Magician’s Land. I was convinced I’d read more books this year but I can only really remember Magician’s Land.
- Comics – Saga continues to impress. I was looking forward to Planet Hulk but in the end it wasn’t really my cup of tea.
- Board games – Raiders of the North Sea is utterly brilliant. Marvel Legendary is still the game I play the most thanks to the solo rules.
- TV – Narcos, Daredevil (I haven’t finished it yet but I love it so far), I’ve also really enjoyed Lucifer.
For the next few months I think:
- Run a sub-50 10k
- Play at least one session of D&D
- Book a short break
- Get one of my game ideas to a playable prototype