A collection of Japanese Ghost Towns (haikyo is Japanese for ruins). The Sports World and Russian Theme Park are my favourites:
Two photo related posts, both via kottke.
- Upside-down celebrity heads – actually a mindfuck; I’m not sure I’ll sleep tonight for fear of a celebrity-faced xenomorph crawling along my ceiling and snaking its bizarre inverted face down to feast upon my flesh.
- World Press Photo of the Year – some powerful stuff (some of it quite mindfucking but in a completely different way) – be warned: some of the images are graphic (including pictures of wounded and dead and an execution by stoning).
- Next 10 Matthew McConaughey Posters
- Puppet Show
- Nerd in Chief
- Confessions of a Non-Serial Killer
- Exceptional Fast Food and Exceptional Dance Moves
- Bambi by Mirko Hanák
- Arrested Development Documentary
- Unusual Compounds
- What I will mostly be doing this weekend (also what is, amongst other things, written on a roof tile of the largest wooden building in the world)
Well the proper snow finally hit the Midlands which meant that school was cancelled! Somewhat miraculously my snowboard trousers still fit me so i finished off my Banoffee Pie for breakfast, got wrapped up and went for a wander around Kenilworth in the snow: